What’s Your Personal KPI’s?
As an ex sales person and sales manager, I know more than most that “what get’s measured, get’s done” We know that a KPI measures performance and helps us understand how our team, business unit or even how the company is progressing.
So how about if you were to set just two personal KPIs for the next two weeks (a timeframe is important), to ensure you are taking your health and wellbeing responsibilities as seriously as you take your work commitments? The ROI would be invaluable, wouldn’t it? Maybe, you could make a buddy accountable and check up on each other each day?
It doesn’t have to be a huge overhaul, consistency beats intensity every time in this game. Just choose a couple of micro actions, that you can personally achieve. Let’s face it, we all know more about this subject, than we actually action. Here’s a few ideas
KPI #1 – Good Eating Habits
1. If your day is filled with meetings, then prepare for this in advance by planning what you intend to eat that day, packing it and sticking to it.
2. Don’t succumb to the lashings of sugar and caffeine available, your energy levels will be all over the place. Instead, stay hydrated (just 2% dehydrated affects our ability to cognitive abilities) stick with water or opt for a herbal tea.
3. Keep a selection of fruit, nuts and seeds at hand, helping you to resist the temptation on offer when you are out and about. I promise you’ll have much more energy with just this simple swap.
KPI #2 – Healthy Sleep Habits
After a good night’s sleep we’re more refreshed, productive and energised, which means we’re going to fly through those work-related KPI and to do lists, we’ll be able to concentrate in those afternoon clients meetings and be much more creative compared to our sleep-deprived peers.
What are good sleeping habits?
1. Morning sunlight– Spend at least 20 minutes outside each morning. Our sleep quality for tonight, started the moment we woke today. One of the best things we can do to help sleep is to get outdoors everyday.
2. A regular bedtime ritual– read a book, meditate, have a relaxing bath, reduce light, switch off phones/laptops/screens and never check your work emails one last time before you go to bed!
3. Set a sleep schedule and stick to it – regulating your body clock (even on weekends) by going to bed and getting up at a similar time each day will improve your sleep quality and help you stay asleep all night (instead of waking up at 3am and watching the clock).
Remember, an investment in self-care, like healthy nutrition, good quality sleep and regular movement will pay dividends to your general wellbeing. And by firing on all cylinders you can improve your day, increase your output, and control your stress levels to be the best version of you, you can possibly be.
Sound achievable? I think so. If you’d like to share any personal KPIs you already set for yourself, then please feel free to comment.
New Book Coming Soon!
'Work Fuel' is co-written by Colette Heneghan, Optimum Living and Graham Allcott, the original productivity Ninja due to be released March 2019
Listen to our "work fuel" podcast
What our clients say
The seminar was educational, eye opening, entertaining and importantly reinforced key messages that will aid performance and reduce risks associated with alcohol consumption in the sporting population. Thanks very much for your expertise.
Rob Leather, Head Physio, LCCC
Colette is a hugely knowledgeable and highly enthusiastic individual who has a natural ability to inspire people to improve their understanding of health and wellbeing issues. Colette is armed with a number of simple but highly effective tips which will help make a difference to the quality of individual’s lives.
Phil, Analyst, Enterprise Operations Telecoms
Colette speaks with real passion and belief which really shines through. She also shows true understanding and empathy with her audience. Highly recommended for well-being and health coaching in the workplace.
Hilary, Internal Communications, Mobile Telecoms
Amazing and a truly inspiring presenter, Colette makes accessible to the busy person health and wellbeing. Thanks for showing us the way – I guarantee your expert advice and guidance will be put to good use within our team for a long time to come!
Matthew, Corporate Sales, Software
Inspired, invigorated and feeling valued. This is how I left Colette’s workshop. After 18 years in a Corporate environment, no-one had ever offered advice on how to manage stress or improve my nutrition and energy levels, so this was a breath of fresh air. Thank you kindly for your insight. I plan to make ‘big’ changes.
Helen, Marketing & Communications, Telecoms
The approach to the subject area was the crucial bit for me, Colette made it relevant to business needs and used language that made it easy to follow. From the workshop I have made a number of changes that are positively affecting my energy levels and productivity inside and outside of work and 3 months on they are still part of my life. I highly recommend Colette and Optimum Living’s approach to any large global business looking to make some ‘real’ improvements to their team’s wellbeing
Richard, Global Account Manager, Mobile Telecoms